The dermal fillers I use in Perth are made up of hyerleraunic acid that is injected into the face to create volume. They generally last between 6-18 months depending on the product and how much filler is used. There are several brands on the market in Australia and I have worked with most of them (I can not name due to legal reasons but send me a message and I can give you more information). They come in different textures and volumes for different areas of the face. Dermal Fillers are completely dissolvable if you decide you don’t like them (but I’m sure you won’t!)
The downtime varies depending on the area being treated and it changes from person to person. Generally, with lip fillers in Perth, I find the swelling is at its worst the evening after treatment and the next day. If you have bruising, it may last a few more days but can be covered with makeup. Although rare, there are some risks/side effects of dermal fillers including swelling, bruising, infection, lumps and arterial occlusion. I will always run through the risks in detail before I treat.
So if you’re thinking about getting dermal fillers done in Perth, please feel free to contact me for a free consult and I can give you further information on how the procedures work.
Book your consultation with Kate at Bramis today!
Common areas that we use dermal fillers for are
- Tear troughs (hollowing under the eyes)
- Marionettes (the lines that pull the corners of your mouth down)
- Nasolabial folds (the smile lines that run between your nose and mouth)
- Perioral lines (the fine lines on the top lip)
If you have any questions,
please don’t hesitate to contact me
Filler AftercareTo get the best results from your filler there are a few things you can do before and after your appointment. These will minimize the downtime and reduce any risks and side effects.
Before your appointment…
- Stop taking any blood thinners such as fish oil, nurophen and asprin. ***If you are taking blood thinners for medical reasons please seek your GP’s advise before ceasing any medication!
- Avoid excessive alcohol the night before treatment as this may also thin your blood resulting in more swelling and bruising.
- Ensure you are in good health – if you are sick it may affect your body’s healing process.
- If having lip fillers, make sure you do not have an active cold sore
- Make sure you are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have no long haul flights planned in the two weeks following your treatment
After your appointment…
- Your lips will be their biggest the evening of and morning after treatment and they will be tender and feel very firm
- If the injector has instructed you to massage your lips, start doing this 24-48 hours post treatment
- To avoid risk of infection keep the area clean and use clean hands when massaging
- No dental appointments for 4 days post
- Avoid excess alcohol and exercise for 24-48 hours
- If having lip filler no kissing, smoking or drinking through a straw for 24 hours
- If having cheek filler try to avoid sleeping on your side for 48 hours so you don’t flatten the filler
- If you have any sharp pains or discoloration that is not bruising please contact the injector or the clinic immediately
- And don’t worry if you had lip fillers and you think they’re too big, they will go down!!